Racial Trauma Therapy
Experiencing microaggressions, discrimination, and racial bias at work or in the community can be incredibly disheartening, causing emotional distress and stress. Racial trauma, or race-based traumatic stress, is the cumulative effects of racism on an individual's mental and physical health. Racial trauma can have a lasting impact on one's mental and emotional stability. This trauma can manifest in a variety of ways, including feelings of anxiety, depression, and anger. In therapy, you can explore the impact of racism on your life and identify ways to take care of yourself in the face of these challenges.
Mental health therapy can be a helpful tool in processing your emotions while developing coping strategies to improve overall well-being. Our knowledgeable and caring therapists can create a safe space to address their feelings and work toward healing.
Anti-Racism & Allyship for Rehab and Movement Professionals | Embodia. https://theyogamd.embodiaapp.com/blog/275-anti-racism-allyship-for-rehab-and-movement-professionals
- - Acknowledge the reality of racism and its impact on mental health
- - Create a safe and supportive therapeutic environment
- - Focus on empowerment and resilience
- - Incorporate cultural and historical context into therapy
- - Encourage self-care and community support outside of therapy sessions